Dashboards + Alarms for AWS s3 batch operations

Hi all i would like hear some inputs how to create a dashboard and alarms if any job get failed in AWS s3 batch operations ?
I have tried with 2 possibilities.
1.aws cloud trail and event buses.
2. AWS cloud trail + cloudwath loggroups
All the above possibilities will have an Jason format that provided by the cloudtrail.

I would like to hear for any other possibility ways …

You could try the following:

You can use AWS CloudWatch to create a dashboard and alarms for AWS S3 batch operations. Here are the steps:

1. Create a CloudWatch Dashboard: Go to the CloudWatch console and create a new dashboard. You can customize this dashboard to display the metrics you’re interested in, such as the number of failed jobs in your S3 batch operations.

2. Create CloudWatch Alarms: You can create alarms that watch a metric and perform one or more actions based on the value of the metric relative to a threshold over time. The action could be sending a notification to an SNS topic if a job fails.

3. Use CloudWatch Events: CloudWatch Events deliver a near real-time stream of system events that describe changes in AWS resources. You can write rules that match selected events in the stream and route them to targets to take action. You can create an event that triggers whenever a job fails in your S3 batch operations.

4. Use CloudWatch Logs: If your jobs are logging their status, you can send these logs to CloudWatch. You can then create metric filters to turn log data into numerical CloudWatch metrics that you can graph or set an alarm on.

Remember to ensure that your S3 batch operations are logging their status and that these logs are being sent to CloudWatch. If you’re not already doing this, you may need to modify your jobs to include logging.

Also, note that while CloudTrail is useful for auditing and reviewing API call history, it might not be the best tool for real-time monitoring and alerting of operational issues. CloudWatch is designed for this purpose.

Please let me know if this was helpful.

Hi thanks for the response , i will check on this and will let u know.