Datadog - creating a stacked bar char

Hey all! How can I create a stacked bar chart? (not column). And if I can’t ask that here, where should I ask?

I want create a stacked bar chart in datadog that shows one number as a percentage of another, e.g. where the vertical axis is a list of clients and the horizontal axis is the total number of requests from that client, inside of which is the total number of failed/errored requests (this image was taken from Google, ignore the data on it, just trying to illustrate the type of chart I’m after)

I’m new to DD and I assumed you could pick a chart, like in Excel or Google Sheets and just plug whatever data you want in to it, but I’m having a bit of trouble with that workflow in DD

https://docs.datadoghq.com/dashboards/widgets/timeseries/#display-options

> Graphs can be displayed as lines, areas, and bars.
That sounds like a bar chart, with the x-y axis flipped (don’t think you can do that) - is that your question?

Hi, yep a column chart is where the data goes upwards and a bar chart is where it goes horizontally.

I also want to show a number as a percentage of another, hence the ‘stacked’ bar chart ie, 100 total requests with 70 failed

> a column chart is where the data goes upwards and a bar chart is where it goes horizontally.
indeed :slightly_smiling_face:

> the ‘stacked’ bar chart
I think there’s an option for that, but you may also find the piechart or TreeMap to be interesting for you.

Thanks for your suggestion however whilst the timeseries widget looks like bar chart, it looks like it’s possibly hardcoded to be time-based rather than being able to plug whatever data you want in?

Are you wanting to graph arbitrary data? DataDog is not google sheets :slightly_smiling_face:

Please provide more specific info of what you’re trying to do so that someone more familiar can help you.

To get suitable help I suggest to first focus on the data, not the visual aesthetics you’re hoping to replicate.