Tracking initial story points estimated versus story points completed for a sprint?

Are there any extensions or queries that can somehow track initial story points estimated versus story points completed for a sprint? I’d like a report/chart that can show initial sprint estimate vs. completed work. We have the Retrospective extension that allows us to discuss the information, but I’m not aware of a way to generate a report or chart to provide the data. It’s one thing to say in retrospectives that sprints 1, 4, and 6 were overestimated, but another thing to look at a report that shows 5 out of the 6 sprints overestimated.

I’m sure can show you how to build this report in PowerBI.

https://jessehouwing.net/scrum-sprint-review-focus-on-done-and-product-backlog/

Not the answer you were looking for. But an important note on estimated (forecasted) vs completed.

And doing the report in a correct way is incredibly hard

That was a good read - thanks for writing it. Definitely on board with looking at reality rather than promises during the review. The “planned vs. done” is certainly a retrospective topic (sprint and product). We want to be able to pull that information periodically to demonstrate growth (or identify a place to improve) in our ability to plan accurately, addressing some trust issues between development and stakeholders.

It’s easier to just forecast less :wink:

Doesn’t the velocity widget do this? So easy to fudge the data to make it look good :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Possibly. I’ll play around with that - some of these tools are in some interesting places. I wouldn’t have thought to look in the Backlogs for a velocity report. Thanks!