Why is Datadog Log error tracking not working for Apache/PHP sources?

Does Datadog Log error tracking; https://docs.datadoghq.com/logs/error_tracking/backend/?tab=serilog, work for Apache or PHP sources? My Logs are coming in and have the error.stack attribute but i don’t see anything in the Log error tracking explorer…

The source is apache

Hello there,

I would recommend reaching out to help@datadoghq.com so they can look into your specific setup and see if they find anything which could explain the situation.

Hi ! Correctly formatted PHP errors should show up in error tracking. Apache may not work out of the box, you could use a log re-mapper to map error.message and error.type , which the Error Tracking algorithm requires to group. You can use the Apache Integration to help with this. Does this help?

Where can i find the allowed values for error.type and error.message? In can’t find this anywhere in the docs.

I imagine error.message is just a string, but what about error.type?

It should be explained here

Seems like it should be error.kind instead of error.type?

Seems like it yes but that might be something to double check with help@datadoghq.com.

I would lean toward error.kind as it has a specific UI meaning it has a special treatment

How would i fill the error.message when using logs for apache? I tried using the attribute remapper, but looking at the log, the message key doesn’t fall under the attributes key…

"id": REDACTED,
	"content": {
		"timestamp": "2023-07-17T12:17:02.078Z",
		"tags": [
			REDACTED
		],
		"host": REDACTED,
		"service": "apache",
		"message": REDACTED,
		"attributes": {
			"apacheModule": "authz_core",
			"level": "error",